Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Review for Freaky Flashes Anthology



Title:  Freaky Flashes
Series:   NA
Author: Lee Brazil, Hank Edwards, Haven Fellows, Dianne Hartsock, Raven McAllan, Doris O’Connor, S.J. Thomas, Jamieson Wolf
Genre:   anthology/ paranormal
Length:   novella 
Publisher:  Breathless Press
Heat Level:  Moderate,overall some stories had  more than others 
Heart Rating:  3

Product Link Breathless Press: 
Reviewer:  Cat
Review:  overall (I will review each story separately also  but  since they are flashes and very short I wont be telling about the story just what I thought of it so I don’t give away any spoilers.)
Overall this was a very interesting and different book to read. It is a great mix of cute and sweet, hot and sexy and chilling and thrilling stories by very talented authors.  A little something for every taste.

Death Day Anniversary-Lee Brazil
Heat: moderate
Heart: 2
I have to admit I am usually a 4- 5 heart Lee Brazil fan but this one just lost me.  I actually read it three times to see if it was just a bad day for me to read that story. Having said this, I’m such a die -hard Lee Brazil fan it  didn’t  have a negative effect on me for the book I read on.

Make me a Sandwich-Lee Brazil
Heat: mild for a Lee Brazil story
Heart:3
I found this one sweet and cute and intriguing, with a healthy dose of humor. A great toss in to temper some for the more chilling stories.


The Fog-Lee Brazil
Heat:  explicit
 Heart:4
 What can I say but Wow! Hot!  I’d like to be in that fog!

The Sum of His Parts- Hank Edwards
Heat : moderate
Heart: 4
This is a classic Hank Edwards story, thrilling and chilling! Definitely freaky!

Writing is a Socially Acceptable Form Of Schizophrenia- Haven Fellows
Heat: mild
Heart:5
What can I say.? I love Haven and this is a classic Haven story. If you ever read any of her Bios you’d be like that sounds just like Haven (and me!) I laughed till I cried. This was one of my favorites of the entire book.

That special Feeling_ Ravan McAllen (m/f)
Heat: moderate
Heart:4
I loved this. It felt like a complete story with a happy ever after ending. Magical and sweet.   This is one of the first Raven stories I have read and won’t be the last.


Spin the Bottle_ Raven McAllan (m/f)
Heat: mild
Heart:4
I loved this one also. I guess I am a new Raven fan. Short sweet and different. Two thumbs up! Another of my favorites.

Andrew Calls the Dead- Dianne Hartsock
Heat: explicit
 Heart: 3
I liked this a lot and would have loved  a full version of this one. Intriguing and very twisty and turny!

The Birthday Dianne Hartsock
Heat: explicit
Heart: 3
 This one two would make a great full length novel. Intriguing twists and turns throughout and hot. Very freaky!


In The Shadows- Dianne Hartsock
Heat: Explicit
Heart:3
Of course I  loved this one, but I am a die hard Dianne fan. This is no exception. Intriguing and hot!

Destiny- Doris O’Connor( M/F)
Heat: mild
Heart: 2
I did like this story, It just really need to be longer even for a flash .I would love to see where this one  is going though.  Definitely something I would read in a novella.

Strength’s Curse-S.J. Thomas
Heat: mild
Heart: 3
This one is a real chiller!  This would make for a great full length story! (Shudders)

Reaping Darkness-Jamieson Wolf
Heat: explicit
Heart: 3
I found this one quite intriguing and chilling yet very sexy and hot. It was full of my favorite authors and a few I will be adding to that list!
All in all  these were quite good storiesa dn I would  love to read full versions of any of these stories. 





6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You know i love you Dianne great stuff!

      Delete
  2. thanks so much, glad you liked it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a new fan Raven! I am anxiously looking forward to your collaberation with Lee Brazil. I have the first book now.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Cathy! This antho was a blast and I'm proud to be in it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven you know I love all your stuff I think I willhave a week for you just you soon lol!

      Delete