Monday, June 24, 2013

The Opposites tour Does music inspire you? T. M''s Playlist

A military brat born and raised at Ft. Benning Georgia; Smith is an avid reader, reviewer and writer. She now calls Texas home from her small town on the outskirts of the DFW Metroplex. Most days you can find her curled up with her kindle and a good book alongside a glass of something aged and red or a steaming cup of coffee! At 42 years young, she’s decided to enter the next phase of her life by adding the title of “author” to her list of accomplishments that includes single mom of three disturbingly outspoken and decidedly different kids, one of which is Autistic. Her two eldest kids and gay best friend were the inspiration for her upcoming new release, Opposites.
Music was a huge inspiration for this book. There were songs that I literally wrote chapters or scenes around. I listened to a lot of violin and piano music as well while writing, to get into the mind set of Aiya and Aiyan while they were playing.
In chapter two, First Impressions, when they are travelling from the clearing to Gaeland and Maeve is taking in her surroundings, it is very whimsical and beautiful. Celtic Dream by Ronan Hardiman is a whimsical, instrumental song that conveys what Maeve is seeing in the song.
Celtic Dream

Celtic music dominates my playlist, it’s so relaxing and transparent. Ronan Hardiman, Blackmore’s Night and Relaxation pure moods are the main three I have on my I-pod.
Blackmore's Night

The song Aiya and Aiyan play on the piano and violin that first night after dinner, Rain on the Pond.
Rain on the Pond

The song Aiya is playing when Sawyer is watching her, YirumaRiver Flows in You.

Aiyan and Raven both play violin so I listen to a lot of David Garrett. The man is drop dead sexy as well, so that is a plus!


Aiyan and Kaden’s wedding song, X-tina baby!!

Where Aiyan and Kaden have a strong, powerful ballad for their song; Aiya and Maeve have a more relaxed song. This is fitting because it shows the difference in the relationships, the boys are by definition a stronger couple.

Maybe it’s a little cheesy, but I had to use an Adam Lambertsong. He’s my vision for Raven and he point blank asks Tanis, “What do you want from me?!”


The song Aiyan plays to the moon, his song for Kaden, the passionate sadness that is ‘Lament’.

When “The Hunting Party” lets loose, there will be bodies!

There is a very passionate scene between Aiyan and Kaden toward the end of the book. From the first time I heard Come On Get Higher by Matt Nathanson I wanted to write a story around the song. The words are perfectly defined in the chapter, “Pleasure and Pain”.

Let’s not forget about Aiya and Sawyer in the chapter “WeBelong”.


I have hundreds of songs on my I-Pod and I have 3 different playlists on you-tube with “writing music” on them with some of my very favorites. Music is wonderful thing and it can completely define a mood. I can always find something I like on any radio station, aside from Metal. As I sad, music can define a mood, and someone screaming and thrashing and mosh pits aren’t a mood I want to be in. But, too each his own, right!

enter  for a chance to win a Nokk and Barnes and Noble gift card Rafflecopter giveaway
 and dont forget to join others on the tour
June 19th


June 20th


June 21st


June 22nd



June 23rd



June 24th
The Cat's Meow ~ Review & Playlist

June 25th



June 26th
Don't feed the Mimsey ~ quirky post

June 27th


June 28th



June 29th




No comments:

Post a Comment